A roof replacement can be quite costly but it has its benefits that are more convincing to any homeowners in a dilemma about whether or not to replace their roofs. Here are some of the top advantages of a roof replacement and why you should consider replacing your roof today.
1. By installing a new roof, you will increase your property value. If you ever end up putting your home on the market, you will sell faster and get a good offer for it because of a new roof.
2. Whenever your roof is damaged, you can always choose repair or replacement. Although repairing it will patch up the damage for a while it might end up costing you a lot more in the long run. Therefore, if you choose to replace your roof, you can count on a higher return on investment. As such, roof replacement is considered to be the most profitable home improvement project for most homeowners.
3. With a new roof, you can factor in energy efficiency features that allow you to save a lot more money especially when paying your utility bills. Your old roof might be leaking air forcing your AC unit to work harder to compensate for the temperature. Give your HVAC system a rest by choosing a roof replacement that saves a lot of energy.
4. A roof replacement is a cost effective project considering that it’s just a one-time payment. Patching up the damaged areas of your roof with simple repairs might force you to pay more money when the patch work doesn’t work as it’s supposed to. Once you replace your roof, you will take a long time before you start paying for repairs.
5. A new roof improves your curb appeal instantly. Take an instance where you have placed your home in the market to sell. Home buyers will be looking for a home in a good condition. A new roof is the easiest way to tell them that everything else is working properly. With a good first impression you’re bound to get a lot of good offers on your home.
6. Did you know that a new roof also provides some health benefits to your family and pets? Note that, there is a reduced risk of mold and mildew from water leakages so there are no respiratory problems likely to develop in the long-run. Invest in a new roof to keep everyone and pets inside safe and healthy.